For its dual counterpart, see Dual Rookie Machine Guns.
The Rookie Machine Gun is the first gun available. It is given to you for free as a welcoming gift at the beginning of the game. It boasts a 30 round clip that can be upgraded to a 45 round clip if the + Ammo in machine guns skill is bought in the skill tree. It has very low Damage, the low Range of any gun, low Accuracy and decent Agility. It also has a very fast fire rate and reload speed.
The Rookie Machine Gun's strengths lie mostly in its damage so if you use this weapon, use the Run and Gun technique and evade the bullets as they fly towards you. In close combat, try and constantly loop around the opponent to confuse him, throw off his aim, and extend the amount of time you have to deal Damage to him. However, you must be careful with this weapon as it runs out of ammo very quickly and may not get to kill the enemy if you did not aim correctly (Unless you have the + Ammo in machine guns perk). Since every kill requires the whole clip, the weapon is best used against single targets and if lucky, a group of wounded enemies.
- The Rookie Machine Gun has a fast rate of fire which can easily aid you in close combat battles.
- Players can move quickly with this weapon due to its good Agility.
- Decent ammo capacity (30), which can be upgraded with 50% more ammo (45), in the skill tree. This is a high ammo count, which will almost always kill all bots but rarely kill real players in Multiplayer in only one clip.
- It has auto aim like most weapons in the game.
- It has a decent reload time.
- As it is one of the Assault Weapons, it can be buffed by some equipment.
- Other people who have better skill than you can use it also and kill you.
- Every other weapon is better (except Airsoft SMG).
Main article: Mike Hunter.
Mike Hunter uses this gun as his signature weapon, and it's not a surprise that he is seen as an icon of the Game and one of the hardest bots to fight as he is one of the first enemies fought alongside Masked Viper. Unlike many bots, he is very accurate with his weapon and will quickly finish you off even when you're at max Health.
You can attain the achievement, "Like a virgin", by getting 5 consecutive kills with the Rookie Machine Gun. Once completed, you are awarded 25 achievement points.
Another achievement which is called "Stapler Frenzy" can be attained by killing 25 enemies with the Rookie Machine Gun. Doing so awards you with 5 achievement points.
Here you can find information about properly using this weapon.
- The Rookie Machine Gun has no real-life counterpart, meaning the gun's design is fictional. (Although it may look similar to some SMGs. The closest gun is probably the PP-91 "Kedr".) It also looks similar to the MP40, the M3 Grease Gun, the MP5k, the OTs-02 "Kiparis", and the SIG MPX.
- The Rookie Machine Gun was the only gun that had only one bar of Damage, until the introduction of Airsoft SMG in the Earth Day Update which was on April 2015.
- Although this is the weakest weapon in the Game, its other variant, the Dual Rookie Machine Guns is one of the strongest automatic weapons in the Game.
- This gun has a 9 RPS RoF.
- The Rookie Machine Gun requires 3 bullets to explode Exploding Barrels.
- When it comes to high-levelled players, this weapon would be used as a challenge or to make fun of players.
- In one of the old trailers of the game, the Rookie Machine Gun's firing sound is more realistic.
- The Rookie Machine Gun is the only free gun that you get, excluding Event weapons.
- During the Winter Camp (Event) the first week was called "Back To The Basics" and was about using this weapon for the whole trial.
- This weapon received its first skin on the April Fools' Day (Event).
- The weapon's skin is the first skin to have an object added to it instead of just a re-design.
- During the April Fools' Day (Event) and the April Fools' Day 2 (Event) all the stats of the gun were increased to the max, making it the first gun to have 4 bars on all stats!
- Even after the event ended, there was a glitch that allows the gun to keep the same 4 bars on all stats (only for some players)!
- During the events stated above, the guns firing text was colored yellow and was renamed from "RA TA TA TA" to "PEW PEW".