|“||The perfect marriage between a shotgun and an energy-based weapon.||”|
— Game Description
The Plasma Shotgun is a weapon introduced in the Ghostbusters Event. This gun has 4 ammo and costs 525 . Many players say that its too expensive and it is recommended to buy Double Barrel Shotgun instead.
Similar to the Automatic Shotgun, this weapon leaves bullet holes for a while when they hit an object (like a wall). This weapon is the third weapon that can do so.
Among all the energy weapons, this weapon seems to be the best if used effectively. The Plasma Shotgun deals extraordinary Damage in medium to close range. However, it deals nearly no Damage in long range when the crosshairs are red. The Plasma Shotgun has a small amount of ammo, meaning that it can easily be emptied very quickly due to its automatic firing function. Use more Agility for maximum effect. Get as close as you can because of its low Damage output at long range. The Plasma Shotgun is also a powerful energy weapon to take down the Ghost and the Slimer. It also does two times (2x) the Damage to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man during the Ghostbusters 30th Event.
Learn how to use this weapon effectively here.
Hate this weapon? Click here to learn how to counter it.
- Good fire rate.
- Good reload speed.
- Good agility
- Mostly instant kill targets in close range. Also can "shut-down" other close range weapon players.
- S.F. Headset makes this gun a close range beast. It's even better than the Blunderbuss.
- Can be buffed by some equipments.
- Small ammo capacity (4 rounds).
- Inaccurate and has a bad Range, inflicting weak Damage towards players at medium range.
- Ineffective against players wearing the Ghostbusters Jacket and A.S.P. Armor.
- Less effective against players wearing the Biker Pants, which reduces 20% Damage caused by any shotguns and/or the Leprechaun's Hat (reduces damages from all Shotguns by 30%)!
- Very expensive (525 )
- Become useless if the enemy is wearing Ghostbusters Jacket, Leprechaun's Hat and Biker Pants
- The Plasma Shotgun is the second most expensive gold weapon costing at 525 , the first being the Dual Revolvers costing 600 .
- It is the first energy shotgun in the Game, and it is also the first energy weapon to able to perform 1 shot kills.
- The sound of the Plasma Shotgun reuses Noisy Cricket's sound.
- If you have enough gold to buy Plasma Shotgun, it is suggested to buy the Double Barrel Shotgun instead as the Plasma Shotgun is not nearly as good as the Double Barrel Shotgun.
- The Plasma Shotgun isn't based on anything. Therefore, it is an original weapon of Respawnables.
- The Damage can be increased by the S.F. Headset by 50%, which provides an extra advantage against players.
- If you wear the Leprechaun's Hat, the Ghostbusters Jacket, and the Biker Pants, the Plasma Shotgun and the Tri Barrel Plasma Rifle cannot deal any damage to you anymore!
- Additionally, the S.F. Headset will not make a lot of difference in the gameplay.
- It shares the same stats as the Double Barrel Shotgun and Automatic Shotgun.
- After the Cyber Menace (Update), the Proton Shotgun, along with this and the Tri Barrel Plasma Rifle can be buffed up to 100% by wearing the S.F. Headset with the Ghostbuster Jumpsuit (Body) and the 'WASP' Pants!