The Golden Gun is a hypothetical weapon that takes an appearance of a golden Desert Eagle drawn in the old cartoony way that the icons for Respawnables' Weapons had. It is one of the Weapons that is unusable in the Game but seen in various images.
Not much known about this Weapon, other than it appears in the Weapons Collector achievement image. However, it has been rumored by players that it was an overpowered pistol and when used in multiplayer, Digital Legends will ban players for doing so.
- A few players claim to have used this Weapon and say they were banned for using it. However, they didn't post any image or other info about it, only refering to it as "The Golden Gun".
- The Golden Gun maybe a hidden Weapon that has been exploited by hackers for use in-game either that or it could be false rumors.
- This Weapon might be fake, as it might be just an image placed in the Game because no other Weapons would fit in the image OR there weren't any other Weapons that had been thought of to put in the Game while in the making of the image.
- This Weapon has believed to have been removed from the Game when it first came out since it was very overpowered.
- There is an achievement that could only be obtained before December 2012 (when the Golden Gun was removed) and was called Golden Gun and requires you to purchase the Golden Gun.
- Digital Legends has stated,"The golden gun is not released......Yet" in reply to an email about it.
- Old challenge appeared in IOS and is referred as the "Golden Pistol"
- During the April Fools' Day (Event), some people dubbed the Rookie Machine Gun as a counterpart of the golden gun because it became very overpowered.
- It is believed that it was a myth started by a few players for attention
- It closely resembles the Silver Wolf, a Handgun from the Black Beret Kit.
- This weapon appeared on the main menu screen of the Ultimate Soldier (Update).