|The Event has FINISHED|
For the 2016 version go to Chinese New Year 2 (Event).
The Chinese New Year is an event released on the Chinese New Year Update.
The Chinese New Year event landed on 19th February The event consists of 12 tiers, with the last two being an exclusive event armor called the White Hero Armor and the new exclusive event weapon, the Dragon's Breath Cannon. This event is currently finished.
Good Fortune PointsEdit
These need to be collected in order to progress through the event and unlock tier prizes. They can only be acquired by hitting or killing any "Nian" beast.
|Tier||points Required||Equivalent points||Prizes|
|1||10,000 points||2,000 points||1,000 points||25 Firecrackers|
|2||30,000 points||6,000 points||3,000 points||8,000|
|3||60,000 points||12,000 points||6,000 points||50 Firecrackers|
|4||95,000 points||19,000 points||9,500 points||30|
|5||135,000 points||27,000 points||13,500 points||Chinese-themed Scoped Rocket Launcher skin|
|6||190,000 points||38,000 points||19,000 points||15,000|
|7||255,000 points||51,000 points||25,500 points||75|
|8||330,000 points||66,000 points||33,000 points||Chinese-themed Dual Revolver skin|
|9||420,000 points||84,000 points||42,000 points||35,000|
|10||520,000 points||104,000 points||52,000 points||150|
|11||670,000 points||134,000 points||67,000 points||White Hero Armor|
|12||870,000 points||174,000 points||87,000 points||Dragon's Breath Cannon|
|Total||3,585,000 points||717,000 points||358,500 points||
- Considering you acquire the White Hero Armor only at tier 11, the total amount of points you have to collect to finish the event would be 2,889,000 points
- Estimated time to complete all tiers without using any Hero armors and making 5k points a match, or 75,000 points an hour, = 47.8 hours.
- Estimated time to complete all tiers using either the Black or Red Hero armor = 4.7 hours, which is 10x faster then without them, assuming you make 5k a match, which is 50,000 with the any of the 2 armors mentioned earlier equipped.
- Realistic time for non-paying/hacking players: 5k per match, 12 matches per hour (including time between matches), 3585000 - 4/5 (870,000) points required at normal GF point collection rates (as you will have 5x points for the last tier) = 60,000 per hour until 2715000 points reached = 45.25 hours, plus app loading times, rage quitting games filled with AE gear, changing equipment, connection lost/migrating host etc.
Explosive Weapon EffectivenessEdit
Explosive weapons deal 40% more damage to the 3 different Nian enemies. This section will show statistical information showing the amount of Fortune Points you get with each weapon.
- Thumper: 272 points.
- Missile Launcher: 176 points.
- Bazooka: 176 points.
- Howitzer: 176 points.
- Scoped Rocket Launcher: 176 points.
- Grenade Launcher: 90 points
- Death From Below: 90 points
- Dual Grenade Pistols: 90 points
Note: MOST of the time, the Great Nian was attacked. But attacking other Nian beasts may give other results.
The different explosive Gadgets deal 60% more damage to the 3 different Nian enemies. This section will show statistical information showing the amount of Fortune Points you get with each grenade type.
(Its the same with the explosive weapons. It may need a table to show the information in a neat way.)
Non-explosive weapon effectiveness Edit
- Dual Stake Launcher: 20 points
- Revolver: 28 points
- Nian (年) means year. The Nian (年) creature is a dragon-like beast that haunts Chinese New Year in hopes of bringing misfortune and despair. However, its merciless intimidation becomes cowardice at the sight of red and the sound of firecrackers. This is why most Chinese New Year attire is red.
- Ghostbusters traps from the Ghostbusters 30th (Event) help by sucking up the Nian beasts and giving you good fortune points.