The Blunderbuss is a 16th-century flintlock shotgun-like handgun that is unlocked at level 9. It contains 2 rounds, each dealing high Damage and hitting with a decent Accuracy. It costs 85 . The Blunderbuss Range is poor, but is very light, resulting in a very high Agility. Even though it is ranked low on the weapon list, it is still a very good weapon used by higher ranked players.
This weapon is best used for taking out close range targets. Its Damage slowly decreases the further you are from the opponent. Its quick firing speed will aid you tremendously in battle, able to keep those rounds firing and enemies falling. The two closely-timed shots will kill anyone with less than 15% + Health or not using the Close Quarters Pants/Brazilian Warrior Pants, provided close enough, and even if not fatal will reduce his Health to a bare minimum so that the opponent will fall with the next shot. Use this weapon to your advantage by quickly destroying them before they get you.
Despite requiring close range and allowing enemies to catch sight of you and open fire, it is regarded as the most valuable premium weapon due to its outstanding efficiency and improvements from its counterpart, the Shotgun. The price tag may seem a bit costly, but is considered one of the best weapons you can ever own in the game.
The Blunderbuss's greatest rival is the Double Barrel Shotgun, but the Double Barrel Shotgun can easily dominate it in close-quarters combat unless the Blunderbuss user dodges its fire or hits him before the Double Barrel Shotgun user can react.
Since it is classified as a shotgun, you can wear the S.F. Head to increase its damage up by 50%!
Countering the BlunderbussEdit
A detailed guide on how to counter this weapon can be found here.
Want to use this weapon to it's fullest? Then head to this page.
Main Article: Bio Hazard (Elite Enemy). Bio Hazard possesses this deadly weapon, but is actually quite easy to kill, as hiding under his arm will protect you from his weapon's extremely powerful shots. Bio Hazard stands no chance against long range shots.
A limited time, event-exclusive skin for the Blunderbuss can be obtained as a tier prize in the Easter Egg Hunt Event (which is currently inactive). In order to get the skin, you must acquire 1 Easter eggs in Free For All mode during the Event. The skin, when received, textures the Blunderbuss white on the wooden parts and gold overall, but you can switch it back to its original appearance by clicking the button on the icon. Another interesting fact is that you also get the Blunderbuss for free if you didn't purchase this weapon in the shop.
In the Easter Egg Hunt 3, a brand new skin, called the Blue Thunder was introduced as a tier prize.
Like any other skin for other weapons, it does not grant any benefits to the Blunderbuss. This means that it is used for cosmetic purposes only, or to show others that you progressed through an Event.
- Very high Damage.
- Really good at close-range combat.
- Fast gun, both for fire rate and Agility.
- Very fast reload.
- Inexpensive gold weapon (only 85 ), and fairly easy for new players to get!
- As a shotgun, it can be buffed by some equipments.
- Large crosshair.
- Poor Range.
- Only two bullets in one clip.
- Damage signifanctly drops of at middle - long range.
- Weak against players wearing the Close Quarters Pants, Brazilian Warrior Pants or shotgun resistant armors.
Like old times, yar!Edit
- An actual Blunderbuss can only be shot once before reloading, since it requires gunpowder to be inserted and the flintlock primed before firing.
- It's commonly used by pirates throughout the 16th-17th centuries.
- Also, the real life Blunderbuss' power is incredibly high that it can pierce through a plate armor.
- In Stealth Gadget loading screen, Mike Hunter was shown holding the Blunderbuss.
- This was one of the most popular weapons in Multiplayer until DLE introduced the Close Quarters Pants which reduces the Damage taken from the Blunderbuss.
- Although this weapon has bad Range, it is still used by many people.
- This weapon once cost 65 during a discount, but after the sale, it returned to its original price.
- Originally, it was decided that Blunderbuss wasn't a part of Shotguns. However, after the Cyber Menace (Update), it was re-classified as a shotgun.
- The second event Skin for the Blunderbuss came in the Mexican Fiesta 2 (Event). However, some players experienced a glitch in which the new skin (only available in the Freedom Fighter Kit) did not show up in the shop.
- A Blunderbuss in handgun form such as this one were called Dragoons.