Despite having only a single bullet, yet it is enough to cause havoc in any battlefield! Although it is similar to the Bazooka, the Air Cannon has a faster reload, better agility, and the rocket travels much faster; although the blast radius is the same as the Bazooka, it's still smaller than the Thumper's blast radius. While hardly noticeable, the rocket doesn't really goes on a straight line as the Bazooka's: at long range, it will dip down quite a bit, making it hard to predict where to shoot at long range.
The main idea is not about aiming for the body nor the head, but the feet. It takes time and practice to hit the body or the head of a target. However, the floor never moves (not that it can do so), thus, target the floor under the opponent as near as possible to his feet.
Shooting from a distance can be hard for most due to the speed of the rocket, and due to the arc of the rocket at a certain range. You will have to predict where to shoot, which will take some time, and having some practice in long-range maps like Royal Garden should help you with this. As for the arc, it is highly recommended to use this weapon for mid-long range combat ,rather than using it for only long ranged combat.
Here you can find a Guide for the Air Cannon.
Want to know how to counter this weapon? Check this page out.
- Great Damage.
- Fast reload.
- Excellent Range
- Good Agility.
- Fast projectile speed.
- The arc fall can be used to score some interesting kills.
- No auto aim.
- The blast radius is rather small.
- Every shot isn't hit-scan, which can easily miss at long range.
- The arc fall makes it hard to predict where to aim.
- Less Damage done against players wearing either the Anti-Explosive Pack, the Red Hero Armor, S.F. Vest, Biker Vest and Black Hero Armor.
- Has only 1 rocket, thus can make you vulnerable if you miss against an approaching enemy or while you're reloading.
- Auto kill risk is a high risk without anti explosive armor.
- It has slightly lower Damage compared to the Thumper and the Dragon's Breath Cannon, although its still able to one shot kill unarmored victims.
- It closely resembles a T-shirt cannon.
- It's the first weapon to have a "Nomicon" logo on it.
- In real life, weapons that only fire compressed air blasts are incapable of killing, though the effect from the blast may cause a concussion or the incapacitation of the target.
- Cannons that fire compressed air blasts were first devised during World War II by the Germans in the form of the Windkanone (lit. "Air Cannon"), in hopes of developing a non-lethal anti-air weapon, but this failed, as the materials used by the planes were stronger than the materials the Germans used during testing, also because of the distance between the cannon and the plane.
- It returned in the 2016 Top Event Weapons